Gridwide Button Hunt
March 1-31, 2010
The Button Hunt, is a hunt to celebrate whimsy. There is no theme other than to make something fanciful, playful or fun. However, how you interpret that is up to you.
I know this is a long post, but I hope to have answered many of the questions that may arise so make sure to check in here before sending any additional questions. In this post you will find all the info on the rules for this hunt, the timeline for when I expect things to happen and even any misc. info that I may have.
Rules and info.
1. First and Foremost! Whatever prize you give MUST be YOUR original creation. Purchased elements (sculpties, purchased textures, etc) are fine in use of your product, but no business in a box or freebies. Also no art downloaded from the internet.
2a. The prize must be new and exclusive for the duration of the hunt. What this means... An exclusive color of a recent release is fine. An entire new product is fantastic. But the hunt prize must not be for sale at any time before or during the hunt. Setting it for sale afterward is fine.
2b. You must either include prizes for both male and female hunters, or a unisex prize.
2c. The prize must be representative of what can be found in your store, and of similar quality. Make it something that the hunters will use, and want to come back to your store for more of.
3. The hunt object MUST be within 30 meters of the landing point. If the location is in a mall or a large venue where teleports are fixed, then either a guiding track or within sim teleporter must be used to direct hunters to the proper store or area. In these cases a hunt sign needs to be installed at the correct location and the item must be within 30 meters of the sign. If the hunt item falls outside 30 meters then you may be asked to move it. If you rent land or mall space it is your responsibility to check with your landowner to make sure you can participate, and that you can lay the tracks or teleports necessary to bring the hunters to your store.
4. The hunt object must be placed so that it can be found with normal camera methods. In other words, don't fully embed the object inside of another prim, or fully surround it where it's not visible without camming through prims. It can be high on the ceiling, or behind something, oe even dropped into a vase. Just as long as the hunters don't have to cam into prims.
5. Resizing/ recoloring the hunt object- The object will be pretty small to start with, so please do not size it any smaller. Resizing larger is perfectly fine. Please do not recolor the hunt object.
6. Decoy objects / Multiple Objects - decoy objects are permitted, provided that they contain clues to finding the real object. However for the sake of all of us, please use no more than 5 decoys. Want to hide more than 1 gift? Go for it, just let hunters know in some way, either by naming your items appropriately or by providing information at the rez point that states that they are looking for more than 1. With multiple gifts, once again just don't go too crazy with them.
7. Hints, moving the object etc. - There will be no official hint page for this hunt. The blog posting will contain numbers and slurls to the next location, so if hunters get frustrated they can skip your store. Hints will be allowed and encouraged in chat, as long as exact locations are not given. Hopefully we'll also have some official hint givers. Also, feel free to have hints at your store. Since there will be no official storage of hints, you are welcome to move the hunt object as often as you like, provided that the new location keeps within the rules. However please let the hint givers know in chat that the old hints are outdated so that they may make new ones.
8. Naming and selling the Hunt object - Your hunt object should be set to sell contents for 0$L, and should contain your BOXED prize and a landmark to the next location. Please do not script it with a give on touch, and do not sell it for any more than 0$L. Sell contents rather than copy, unless you have a place for hunters to rez the item to get the LM to the next location out. The object should be named as follows: TBH #x of y - Your store name , if you have multiple hunt objects out they should be named TBH #x of y - Your Store Name - Prize a of b
There will be a hard cap of 150 stores in this hunt. Make sure to get your application in early. Once 150 stores have been approved no more applications will be accepted.
Multiple stores - multiple stores are allowed under under a single avatar provided they adhere to the following guidelines and that there is room.
1. Each store must be submitted on its own application. This well help me keep my inventory straight.
2. Each store must have a different focus. In other words one location can't be your main store and another a mall outlet for the same store. However, if, (for example) you have both a furniture store and a hair store in different locations then both may be submitted.
3. Apply in preference order. This means that if you want your furniture store in the hunt more than your hair store, then send in the furniture application first. Name it: TBH App - Your name (app 1 of 2) - Store name This naming convention allows me to make sure I have the preferred store in case there is not enough room for multiple stores.
Next Location Landmarks - Your location may need to have 2 landmarks in your hunt item if the location directly following yours is an adult location. This will allow non-verified hunters to smoothly move to the next non-adult location. You will be notified in your notes for your hunt object if you will need to have 2 landmarks.
Store order - Placement in the hunt will be randomized.
Dec. 1st 2009 - Applications open for submission. NO applications will be accepted before this date.
Jan 15th, 2010 - Last day for applications. This date could be moved sooner depending on response.
Jan 31st, 2010 - First official LM walkthrough. All hunt signage must be in place by this date. Stores will be dropped from the hunt if the signs are not up by this date.
Feb. 10th, 2010 - Last day to withdraw from the hunt. Any stores who have not withdrawn by this date will be expected to participate and have prizes ready.
Mid-Feb 2010 - Hunt objects will be sent around mid month. Further instructions, if necessary, will also be sent.
Feb. 25th, 2010 - Walkthrough. Have your hunt item next to your hunt sign and for sale. Your prize does not need to be in it yet. This walkthrough is to ensure that the hunt items are set properly for sale and that all the landmarks still work.
Feb. 28th, 2010 - Load your prize and hide your item today. Make sure that your item is set to sell contents for 0L$.
Mar. 1st, 2010 @ 12:00 AM SLT - Hunt Starts
Mar. 31st, 2010 @ 11:59 PM SLT - Hunt Ends
Fill out the application below then rename your notecard to: TBH App - Your name - Store name
If applying for multiple stores see multiple store application notes and rules.
Send completed application to Phoenix Welles.
Your store name:
Your avatar name:
To receive hunt notices and communications I prefer (choose at least one, but check all that apply):
___ To be added to an in world group
___ To have an alt added to an in world group (List alt name here)
___ To be added to a newsletter system (Understand that messages may be lost if IM's cap while offline, you may need to go to a central hunt location to retrieve items lost to capping)
Please give the name of another avatar who we can contact in case of emergency if you are unreachable and something goes awry. (A store manager, a friend with mod rights, etc)
Your store landmark:
Your store slurl:
Region Rating (PG, Mature, Adult):
Tell us a bit about your store. What kind of products do you sell? Do you have a particular theme, timeline, fashion style that influences you? Gallery owners and artisans, what tools do you use to create your art? Use a bit of space to really tell us about your work. (this info will also be used to help build buzz on the blog, so use this space to really build excitement about your work)
OPTIONAL: Your store logo (full perm, to help build buzz on the blog):
OPTIONAL: Do you have a store blog or website? If so please list here.
OPTIONAL: Do you have any idea of what your gift may be?
OPTIONAL: Would you willing to help out in other areas of this hunt? (check those areas you would be willing to help with)
___ Group chat moderation and Hint giving
___ Walkthroughs and hint making
___ Blogging about gifts to build anticipation for the hunt (would require sharing your email with me to add you to the blog)
___ Hosting or organizing an after party
___ Promotion of the hunt
___ General assistance